Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Welcome all to my new blog! 

My name is Paige McAndrews, a Sophomore at Troy University in Troy, Alabama, and am here on Blogger hoping to quell any fears about college; your new home.  I hope to give everyone easy tips and tricks to make college fun, affordable, and homely.
I will start the blog off with a little bit of info about myself and my college experience thus far.  I came to Troy last August to begin my four year experience.  At the moment I am set on a Communications degree with a minor in Leadership; and my dream is to one day become a corporate event planner.  I enjoy tennis, volunteering, art, board games, video games, reading, baking, eating what I baked and just enjoying life in general.  I spent my first year really just focused on classes and joining only 2 clubs.  I had a great time making friends and just taking advantage of all the on campus activities and focusing on classes (really helped me start the GPA off right).  My freshman year of college was amazing to say the least!  This year I hit the ground running joining the clubs whose activities I enjoyed attending the most the last year.   I am hoping this year to enjoy all the things I did last year plus get experience and get involved while doing so.
In all, over the past year, I have learned so much about the college life (and I still have 2 1/2 more years to go)!  I am hoping to share my ever growing knowledge with those in and about to begin college for the first time.
My goal of this blog is pretty open.  I am hoping to share my stories and experiences as learning experiences for others.  I plan on posting on dorm room decor, cooking, friends, activities and advantages of campus life.  Also since I consider myself quite thrifty I hope to share some money saving tips as well, since I know this is every college students true concern.  Hopefully these testimonies will help someone out there make college that much better, because I must agree, these are the best years of your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment