Saturday, September 8, 2012

Easy & Cheap Laundry Drying Rack

Hey Guys!
Sorry it has been a while since I have posted; this week has been crazy between class, work, clubs, and fun time!  I am here today though to show everyone a great tip to save money on laundry costs!  So I'm sure, like many, I hate the fact that I have to use so many precious quarters every time I need to wash and dry my laundry.  Also, I'm sure like many out there, I have certain pieces of clothing I don't like to tumble dry for fear of it shrinking or wrinkling beyond recogniciton.  Well I have come up with a cheap way to save money on laundry and to dry those precious delicate pieces you own.  
All you will need is a tension rod and two walls--easy!

As you will see to the left (sorry for the bad quality and lighting) I put up two regular sized tension rods (extended almost to the max) between the two small walls between my shower.  The top one is my actual shower curtain rod and the two lower are window sized tension rods that I extended to fit the gap.
Obviously you will need to find two walls in your dorm that will provide enough space for you to put up a tension rod.  After doing this measure the space and divide that in half, from there buy a tension rod at that half length rounded up. So if the gap is 48 inches, you need to buy a rod about 24 inches long. Also be sure to ask your roommate before hand, some roommates would not appreciate being barred out of the shower...

 As you can see after the rods are up it is easy to put up laundry to dry.  I prefer not to wash my jeans because I don't want them to shrink.  I also don't wash certain dresses because I don't want to have to iron them later.  This method may take longer to dry your clothes but it may save you a few bucks over the course of the year; that means more quarters in your piggy bank!  Hope this tips helps and good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment